13 August 2025 at 11:55
Inveraray to Otter Ferry, United Kingdom

Moonshadow of Kip
Moody 33 Mkii
After the disappointment of finding Inveraray Castle closed we decided not to stick around in Inveraray. However, mindful of the distance, lack of wind, and presence of tide, we didn't leave until lunchtime. Because of the low tide and lack of landing facilities we couldn't go ashore so that meant a lovely lazy morning. Departure was under engine but the new nav tablet started acting up almost immediately, first refusing to record a track and then shutting down altogether due to overheating. The obvious solution was to put it in the fridge for half an hour, which helped, but ultimately the battery had to be removed to ensure a full reset. By this time the wind had begun to fill in as we transited the Minard Narrows so the engine was finally turned off and full sails were raised. There was talk of anchoring in Port Ann (appropriate to the first mate) but with strengthening southerlies in the forecast the decision was made to use the Otter Spit as shelter.



Download the SailTies app to leave a comment on this voyage.